Welcome to Pop Warner Football!
Dear Scripps Ranch Pop Warner Parents:
Welcome to Scripps Ranch Pop Warner! We are very excited that your child will be playing football this season! Whether your son is a first time player or a seasoned veteran, we hope you will enjoy your experience with our organization.
Here is everything you need to know right now about participating in the 2015 season:
TWO-WEEK MANDATORY CONDITIONING: Begins Saturday, August 1st for 2 weeks and includes 20 hours of conditioning. The first 10 hours of conditioning are just in helmets and gym clothes. The second 10 hours are in full pads. Please try to schedule family vacations prior to this time period and we strongly recommend that your son begin to prepare for this at least one month prior to the start date. Drills involving contact start after the first 10 hours of conditioning. Scrimmages start after the second 10 hours of conditioning.
CONDITIONING (Tackle) : First 10 hours (Helmets, Shorts/Shirts)
- Saturday | August 1 | 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Monday | August 3 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday | August 4 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday | August 5 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
CONDITIONING (Flag) : First 8 hours
- Saturday | August 1 | 9:15-11:15 a.m.
- Monday | August 3 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday | August 4 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday | August 5 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
CONDITIONING (Tackle) : Second 10 hours (Helmets, Full pads)
- Thursday | August 6 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Monday | August 10 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday | August 11 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday | August 12 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
CONDITIONING (Flag) : Second 8 hours
- Thursday | August 6 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- Monday | August 10 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday | August 11 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday | August 12 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
EARLY SEASON PRACTICE (Tackle) : May be modified based upon scrimmage dates
- Week 3 - Monday - Thursday | August 17 - 20 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
- Week 4 - Monday - Thursday | August 24 - 27 | 5:00-7:30 p.m.
EARLY SEASON PRACTICE (Flag) : May be modified based upon scrimmage dates
- Week 3 - Monday - Thursday | August 17 - 20 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
- Week 4 - Monday - Thursday | August 24 - 27 | 5:15-7:15 p.m.
REGULAR PRACTICES: Three days per week beginning the week of August 31. Each team may have a slightly different schedule. You will be informed by your team business manager.
- Lower teams: Dingeman Elementary (Includes Flag, Jr. Mitey Mite and Mitey Mite)
- Upper teams: SRHS Soccer Field (Includes: Jr. Pee Wee, Pee Wee and Jr. Midget)
PRACTICE DAYS DURING THE SEASON ARE:
- Tackle teams at Dingeman: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 5:15 - 7:30 p.m
- Tackle teams at SRHS Soccer Field: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and either Thursdays or Fridays from 5:15 to 7:30 p.m.
- Flag teams at Dingeman: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 5:15 to 6:45 p.m.
Games are on Saturdays beginning August 29th. Home tackle football games are held at the Scripps Ranch High school football stadium. Parents are needed to help in the snack bar, help with chains and in the announcer booth on home game days.
Flag home games are held at the Scripps Ranch High school soccer field.
Away games are held at the other 17 Association’s fields in the Palomar Conference which include playing teams from Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Oceanside, La Costa all the way up to Temecula and Murrietta. For a complete list of associations, please visit the Palomar Pop Warner Conference at www.palomarpopwarner.org.
Flag plays a total of 8 games with a final Flag Fest at the end of the season. Jr. Mitey Mite through Midget teams play 10 games and include possible playoff and championship games. The season ends at the end of October for Flag, the beginning of November for Jr. Mitey Mite and Mite and usually mid to late November for all Jr. Pee Wee-Midget teams. Teams can chose to continue playing after the season is over at Invitationals and Bowl games hosted by other Associations.
- Flag: $225 | Tackle: $375
- $50 Sibling discount
Your fees include:
- Complete uniform provided by SRPW, with a jersey and spirit pack* to keep (*tackle teams only)
- Individual and Team picture package
- A minimum of 8 games for Flag and 10 games for Tackle teams as well as possible playoff game(s)
- Fees pay for Pop Warner insurance and Palomar conference team fees as well as all high school field, lights, custodial and referee fees
- Registration fees also cover all coaches uniform costs, training, practice equipment and coaches bags
UNIFORM COST: There is no cost for the helmets, practice and game uniforms, however, all equipment (excluding jersey) must be turned in at end of season or the family will be charged. Players must supply their own cleats, under-armor and mouth guard.
Please be advised that in-person registration is required to complete the online registration process. (click here for more info)
FORMS DUE at the next Equipment Distribution in July
- Completed physical form stamped and signed by physician
- Final school report card (except Jerabek students)
Once teams have been established, you will be contacted by your child's head coach. You may also continue to check our website for updates and information: www.scrippsranchpopwarner.com.
Please contact our football Player Agent, Adria Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any additional questions regarding registration.
We hope you find this information helpful. We are looking forward to a great 2015 season!
SRPW Football Director